Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Procrastinating leads to being overwhelmed

Well, I've procrastinated so long that now I am overwhelmed to make a post. So much has happened since my last post...Mother's Day, a short trip to the beach, my birthday, a fun day playing in the backyard sprinkler pool, and Kelly's first "date" with Daddy. Since I am overwhelmed, I will just post mostly pictures...that's more interesting anyway.





My mom and I went to Point Clear for Mother's Day. She had to "check out" the facilities for the upcoming board meeting and I got to tag along. We had a great time just hanging out at the pool and the hotel. Kyle's favorite thing was the ducks. Kelly enjoyed getting to swim in both the indoor and outdoor pool. Point Clear is on the Mobile Bay, so there's just a small beach area, but both K&K loved playing in the sand. My favorite thing was sitting on the swing and watching the sunset. There is no doubt that God is all mighty...just look how beautiful he makes a sunset.



Kelly has developed a new cheese smile. It is cute for fun pictures, but no cute at all when I want a good picture. Ex: cute - above; not cute - below in picture with Daddy




Uncle Shane gave Kyle/Kelly this fun swim pool for Easter. We broke it out the other day. After a lot of air exhaustion from Mommy...POOL! You hook the hose up to it and it has a sprinkler. The kids LOVED it. Kyle even played in it and he's been afraid of the water lately.




David took Kelly out for her first "date." She got all dressed up in this beautiful hand-me-down silk dress that I thought she'd never wear. We fixed her hair up all pretty with one of mommy's pretty barettes and she even got to wear a little makeup. Well, she thought she was wearing makeup...I just VERY lightly put some on her. Kelly also got to wear her pearl bracelet and necklace. She was so excited. For her first date, David took Kelly to Olive Garden where she ate bread and plain noodles. They went to the mall and walked around and Kelly rode the train. On the way home they stopped at Sonic and got ice cream. Once Kelly got home she went on and on telling me every detail of their date. David and I hope that he will be able to do this continually with Kelly so that as she grows into a young lady she will know how she is to be treated and not to sell herself short of God's best for her.

I can't believe it...both K&K sitting together...touching each other...happy about it...and asking to have a picture taken. WOW!! This is a moment to remember!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Hey Elaine,
Your kids are so sweet. Kyle is getting more teeth. John has been cutting his canines for about a month now. I need to make a post just like yours. Time just flies by.

Heather said...

Loved seeing all the pictures! And especially hearing about Kelly and David's date! So sweet!