Sunday, August 13, 2006

Our First Week At Home



We have been home for a week now. Things are going well so far. Kyle is sleeping and eating like a newborn...all day and night! He is starting to settle into a 2 1/2 to 3 hour routine. Kyle is such a different baby than Kelly was. He is much more quiet and actually lets us get sleep at night. He also is so much smaller. Two pounds and two and a half inches make for a much tinier baby. I can't believe he is wearing newborn clothes. Kelly never fit into newborn. She was straight into 0-3 months. Here are a few pictures from this week.
This is a picture of Kyle's first bath at home. Kelly wanted to help until he started crying. She did not like her baby Kyle crying. After a couple of yelps from Kyle, Kelly climbed off of the stool and went into another room. Maybe she'll help again next time.

Kyle loves to sleep. Here he is snuggling with NaNi. I love sleepy pictures. They capture their innocence.




Kelly loves her baby. She wanted to lay next to Kyle while he napped, so I tried to snap a couple of shots of her sweetness.


Kelly loves to hear Kyle make noises. When we ask, "what did he say?", she always replies "Kelly!" Kelly also loves to cover Kyle. The other day she had put four blankets on him. I don't have to worry that he'll get cold.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that things are going well with baby Kyle and Kelly. Kelly is so pretty in her church dress that NaNi brought her! I can't believe how much she is "maturing"...she is a sweet, precious little girl. I love Kyle's little sounds too. Miss you all...love...MOM

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the photos your mom sends me of my "other grandkids". Kyle is so sweet, and I, too, like the sleepy pix. Kelly is and will be the best big sister! Reminds me of Kay and Philip. Big brothers are good, but so are big sisters! Love you all, Aunt Barbara