Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sleepy Kids, Baths and Football

Sorry it has been a while. It is crazy how time passes so quickly.

Kyle is just 2 days shy of 2 months old in this picture. He fell asleep on the changing table. Look at that tummy...it is full!
We were scheduled to go to the doctor for Kyle's 2 month check-up, but we had to cancel. My grandmother passed away on the morning of October 5th and we all went to Baton Rouge. It was very hard to say goodbye to someone I have loved for so long. However, I feel blessed that I was able to have so much time with her. And Mawmaw got to meet both of her great-grandchildren.

It is so fun to snap pictues of Kelly while she is sleeping. She never even knows when I've been in her room to take them. She is really a big girl now and loves to sleep under the sheets. Kelly loves her satin pillows. She sure is something special!


Kelly is "helping" mommy give Kyle his bath. She gets to pour water over his feet to help him stay warm. She got a little distracted and decided she wanted to eat some pears instead of help mommy. And these are her new pajamas. Kelly wanted to wear them because they have "socks" like Kyle's.





Kyle loves his bath. He likes to have the warm water poured all over him. Kyle always keeps his fist closed. Very rarely do I see him open his hands.



We went to LA Tech homecoming on Saturday. Everyone was dressed in their red and blue. Even Kyle had on his Tech t-shirt. Kelly was so excited to go to the football game. She brought her pom pons and wore her cheerleading outfit.

Kelly and NanNan were playing with the pom pons. While tailgating Kelly saw a little girl playing with pom pons. Kelly got so upset because she thought the little girl had taken Kelly's pom pons. Her heart was truly broken, but as soon as she saw her own pom pons she was full of happiness again. Kelly liked the band, but it was "too loud". We only made it through half-time before she was ready to go.

Kyle was all dressed up for game day! This is my favorite pose for babies. I love it when they have their little hand up by their face. Doesn't he just look darling? He is getting so big. At his 2 month check-up he weighed 11 lbs. 8 oz. and was 23" long. Kelly was 11 lbs. and 24" long at 2 months. So, although Kyle was 2 lbs. less and 2-1/2" shorter than Kelly at birth he is making up for it now.

Other news: Kyle is sleeping through the night!!! It is such a relief for me to not have to get up 2 and 3 times in the middle of the night. I feel like a new person. Kyle has also found his thumbs. Right now he will suck whichever one is easily accessible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, the children are darling. And your updates are so appreciated. It is fun to see them grow, and since we are far from each other, this blog is the next best thing.

Take care, Caston Clan, and know I love you all.
Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Precious.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Kids are darling! Love the outfits, too..I love seeing how the kids have changed; Thanks for the site.

Love, G'ma Cassye

Anonymous said...

Elaine...I know I just saw all of you just 2 weeks ago, but I really do miss having you around. Kelly and Kyle change so much everytime you send pictures. You are so Blessed with these precious babies...and good ones at that! You and David are doing a great job with them. God Bless the Caston Clan...Love...MOM