Kelly had her first "Trick or Treat" last night. (We didn't get to go last year because it rained.) Last Wednesday after church Kelly asked for her Snow White dress. She put it on and played for a little while. The next morning she wanted to wear it to school (Mom's Day Out). I told her she could wear it Tuesday to school since that would be Halloween. Yesterday she put the dress on about 9 am and wore it until about 8 pm. She was showing off too! Her teacher said she was twirling around on the playground. Kelly kept saying "beautiful" every time she'd twirl.
We went downtown and walked around to the different businesses and Kelly said "Trick or Treat". She was so cute. However, there were lots of people dressed up in scary costumes. She did not like them at all. She stayed so close to me and David. Kyle was a good little pumpkin. He fell asleep while we were walking around.
After trick or treating we went to a carnival at one of the local churches. They had so many space walks...I've never seen so many in one place. Kelly's favorite thing was the horses. They were giving free rides on horses (not ponies...full size horses). Kelly decided she wanted to ride, so she and David waited in line while I was, of course, talking. Once they got inside the gate Kelly didn't want to ride anymore. She wouldn't even touch the horse. But, once they got outside the gate she decided she did want to ride. We or I guess I should say "they" waited in line a second time and Kelly DID ride the horse. She was so excited.
This morning Kelly wanted to wear her Snow White dress again...she wore it until naptime.
At this moment Kelly is sleeping and Kyle is sitting in my lap. I can't believe he will be 3 months on Friday. The time flies by so quickly. Kyle loves to stand and is pushing up a lot. Most importantly, he is sleeping well at night...almost 12 hours!!!!! I feel like a new person.
Kelly has been saying so many cute things lately. The other night on the way home she said, "where's my house?" My reply is always, "I don't know Kelly. Where is it?" She replied, "it's hiding!" She loves to play hide and seek now. I'll come around a corner and she'll say, "Kelly's hiding, Mommy." Of course, she's in plain sight, but she thinks she's hiding. Kelly is so talkative now...sometimes I wonder where the off button is. Although I may sometimes get my ear talked off there is nothing better in the world than being able to stay home and take care of these two little ones. I just pray that God allows them to become His little servants dispite all of my parenting mistakes.

Here are a few pictures from Halloween. To see all of our October pictures go to this website.
http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=16311162413934494/l=221664658/g=3640554/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
3 comments:
What a treat for Nani to come home from Houston and see my little babies. They are so precious. You are doing a wonderful job, my child. I don't think you are as confused as I was. Keep up the great work and the Blog updates. Love you...MOM
That's the cutest "pumpkin" I've ever seen!! Kelly is adorable, as well. I agree w/Nani; I think you are a great mom, Elaine. Love the blog, too.. Love, G'ma Cassye
Kelly is getting so big and she is so pretty! I love her in the Snow White costume! Kyle is getting big too! He is an adorable little pumpkin!
Tiffany
Post a Comment