Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mid December

First, I want to apologize that it has taken me almost a month to get this blog posted. I hope to have Christmas done shortly, but forgive me if I am slow.


Kyle enjoyed his first bites of cereal. I was very surprised at how easy he learned how to open his mouth. It took a couple of days to get more of it swallowed than spit out.




Kelly and Lauren went to Jonesboro with their daddies. Kelly sat on Santa's lap again and this time she was not scared. She loved Santa and talked to him about what she wanted for Christmas. I think she is starting to really like Santa.




The girls also rode Cinderella's carriage. Kelly was so excited! She really loves the horses. Matt & David said it was not fun when it came time to leave because neither of the girls were ready to go.


We (Kelly, Kyle and I) took a trip to Birmingham to visit the Throwers. We had such a wonderful time catching up. Kelly loved playing with Avery. It was a little crazy though. The three of us (me, Kelly and Kyle) all slept together in one room. Kyle was in the pack & play and Kelly and I shared a bed. AND Kyle woke up about 6 am each morning. That meant ALL three of us were awake at 6 am.

Kelly had lots of fun playing with all of Avery's toys. Kelly really loved Avery's dress up clothes and shoes. One day she got real attached to the rolling pin and took a nap with it. She took her naps in the pack & play. She wanted to lay down in Kyle's bed.

We went to Zoolight Safari at the B'ham zoo. We met Eric, Beth and Cade there and walked around the open areas of the zoo. It was a great night out for the kids. Jan and I managed to get Kelly, Kyle and Avery all in the Explorer so we could all ride together. Kelly was in the back on the 3rd row. She thought it was a blast to be way in the back. Here's a funny tidbit. Kelly and Avery are the same size (as you can tell in the pictures), but Avery's black keds are a 6.5 and Kelly's are an 8. My child has got some feet!!!

Here is my princess sleeping. She fell asleep about 10 minutes
after we left the Throwers to head back to Ruston. My poor darling was completely worn out. She and Kyle both slept for 2 hours straight.



On our way home I received a call that Santa was going to make a stop by our house on his way home from work. So, I let Kelly know and she was so excited that she couldn't wait to get home. When we got there she waited and watched for Santa. She had her nose pressed to the window to see when he would arrive. Santa came to the door and said, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!" He gave Kelly a present. She was in total wonder and amazement. She told Santa she wanted presents for Christmas and she gave him a kiss and a big hug.

Kelly got her first big bobo right before Christmas. She was standing up for me to get her out of the tub and slipped. Her chin hit the edge of the tub and all I saw was blood dripping down her chin.
We got her out and she was such a BIG girl. She stopped crying and let us clean it up. We found that her lip was just busted a little. She loved holding the ice on it and she loved the extra special attention that we lavished upon her.

1 comment:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

ELAINE??????????????????????

Time for new stuff.