Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finally, Our Christmas Pictures



It has taken some time to sit down and compose this post. I would like to share why I am doing this at 4 am and why it has taken a little longer than I hoped. This requires me to take you back to December 7th.

Friday, December 7th was First Friday (once a month our church provides free childcare!!!!) and Kelly & Kyle were both signed up to go and David & I were going on a much needed date. Well, that was until Kyle started running fever and not acting like he felt well. Kyle went to the doctor and was found to have his very first ear infection. We decided to stay home with Kyle, but to send Kelly on to church. Around 8 pm I get a phone call that Kelly has thrown up. I picked her up and brought her home. She had the stomach bug and I was up with her until around 4 am. So, guess what??? Yep, I got the stomach bug on Saturday...up until 4 am again. David came home from work early Monday and he had the stomach bug. Somehow it skipped over Kyle. Praise to the Lord!

Let's skip to Christmas...We went to Pineville the weekend before Christmas. We had such a great time and the kids had a blast. We had already decided that we would get up early Sunday and be back in time for church (we had childcare). Kyle was not feeling well when he woke up. He didn't have fever, so we packed up and headed to church. He looked miserable and now had a one degree fever. When we got home I gave him medicine and he went to bed. Once he woke up, he was fine. He seemed to be fine all day Monday except for a runny nose and a little congestion. However, Christmas morning is a different story. Now, he's running 102 degrees and is completely lethargic. I talked to his doctor and she said to alternate Motrin and Tylenol. That helped his fever, but he still wasn't happy. On Wednesday, he is diagnosed with another ear infection and this time it's in both ears. Once he started the antibiotics he was happy again.

The following week, Kyle is still on his antibiotics and life is moving on. Until, Kelly wakes up on Thursday the 3rd and says her ear hurts. Now, I'm wondering does it really hurt or has she noticed that Kyle gets to take medicine because his ear hurts. Kelly loves to take medicine and wants medicine anytime she hurts. When she started crying I realized her ear really hurt. Doctor says she has a double ear infection...this is Kelly's first ear infection. Kyle is already scheduled for a recheck on Monday, so she says to bring Kelly along also. Monday, Kyle's ears are perfect. Kelly's has one perfect ear and one much better ear! We are on our way to recovery!

That's brings us to 12 am Sunday morning when Blazer wakes me because his ear is bothering him. It has been bothering him all week and I kept meaning to bring him to the vet. I'll have to bring him Monday for sure. Now that I've been awaken I have to go potty (I'll just use potty instead of writing pee every time). I get back in bed, but I can't go to sleep because I just don't feel right and I still feel a little like I need to potty again. An hour later, I get up and potty again to realize that I don't need to potty I just feel like I need to potty. An hour later, I still can't sleep. I try to potty again and discover that I think I have my first bladder infection. So now it's 4:24 am, I've been drinking cranberry juice like I'm crazy, I'm wide awake and I keep having to go potty. I've called the emergency room and then my doctor. I have to sit and wait until a pharmacy opens (we do not currently have a 24 hour pharmacy) so that I can go get an antibiotic. LOVELY!!!

So, in the last month Kelly and Kyle have both had their first ear infections, Kelly, Mommy & Daddy have all had the stomach bug and I now have my first bladder infection. The health industry has made some money off of us this month. With all of that said, I praise the Lord. We have been so healthy prior to this that I have nothing to complain about. However, I do find it comical.

Please enjoy the Christmas pics. I've had plenty of time this morning to learn new things and I think I am going to like this slideshow option. I'll be able to quickly post more pictures!!! I hope I haven't totally bored anyone, but then I guess you do have the option not to read!!! Ha!!! Anyway, have a blessed Sunday and say a prayer for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better today and pray that the Caston Clan will soon be in good health and recovery. Come visit B.R. soon...I miss my babies (you and David also) Love...MOM

Tara Smith said...

Sister - I am right there with you!!!! I am glad to hear everyone is doing better!

Jody said...

Oh I am so sorry you guys have been sick. We had a month like that in November. I hate that you had one too. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!! Sounds like craziness!! So glad ya'll are all doing better!