The Bible tells us to be thankful in all things. I am so very thankful for so many things. I've thought about a post for several days this week. I thought about a list of things I'm thankful for, but there were so many I couldn't narrow it down and just kept adding to it. Back to this in a minute.
I think we sometimes get caught up in Thanksgiving and Christmas and can't figure out how to separate the two or mingle them together or how to celebrate Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I have always known that I love Christmas and love to decorate the day after Thanksgiving. I love the music, the decorations, the parades, the joy of Christmas. We have made a real effort since Kelly was born to make our Christmas about the reason for Christmas, but I've never thought about Christmas at Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is about being thankful and what more do I have to be thankful about than the birth of Christ. Isn't that the reason we celebrate every day? Every day we should be thankful to God that He had a plan before he created the world that would allow us to spend eternity with Him. He knew that we would do bad things, so He planned that we would be saved by grace. We just can't seem to get things right, so He made His plan easy! All we have to do is believe and have faith in Jesus. Then, by His grace we are saved...so amazing. But what really amazes me is that He knew that before He created the world. He made a plan and that plan included sending His very Son to earth to have ALL of my sins heaped upon Him. I am thankful! I am so thankful that God knows all things and that He made His plan perfect. It's so perfect that I thank him for it at Thanksgiving and then get to start celebrating it the very next day by decorating and using the season to teach my children who He is. WOW!!
These are a few additional things I am thankful for:
David-God brought us together and holds us together and knew exactly what He was doing, David is my best friend and I love him with all of my heart
Kelly & Kyle-God blessed me with two little ones to fill with His word, they bless me everyday
Friends-God has given me so many friends throughout my life that are so dear to my heart, some of you are in my hometown, some in Birmingham, some right here, and some are all over the world
Mom-God blessed you with me and me with you
On a lighter note, I am thankful for PBS, frozen pancakes, blogspot (so I can keep up with all of you), flat irons, David's ipod (makes running go by so much more quickly), jeans that fit, our backyard, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment