I have had some pressure lately about moving Kyle out of his crib and into a bed. However, I really didn't want to move him. You see, he sleeps ALL night and pretty much goes straight to sleep at naptime and bedtime. Rarely do I have any sleeping problems from him. He never even tries to climb in or out of the crib. He just lies there calling for me to come get him. So sweet. Life is good...both kids are sleeping through the night. I am passed waking up umpteen times in the middle of the night and walking like I'm drugged all the way across the house. Well, until we decide to have another baby that is. So, someone has been asking me very regularly when I am going to move Kyle to his big bed and I decided I would try it. This was definitely against my better judgement. I put the fun sports themed sheets on the bed. I put up the bed rails. I moved ALL of the stuffed animals from the crib to the bed. Kyle was having a ball jumping on the bed and playing under the sheets. (We are jumping on the bed kind of people over here at the Caston house!) David usually covers bedtime with Kyle and I cover bedtime with Kelly. It works most quickly this way. David put Kyle straight to bed like usual...it lasted all of 3 minutes before he was out. David went to play basketball, so I was left to deal with the new situation. I climbed in the bed with Kyle. After 30 minutes of tossing and turning and asking to get out he finally fell asleep. Until midnight that is. That's when I walked like I was drugged all the way across the house and climbed into bed and tried to sleep. Kyle tossed and turned all night. We were both exhausted this morning and not in happy moods. I have made the bed, put the bed rails back into the closet and moved ALL of the stuffed animals back to the crib. Kyle is happily taking his nap as I am typing. I knew not to mess with the good.
To the person who keeps regularly asking me when we are going to move Kyle to his big bed...you do it! I like my sleep!
5 comments:
When he climbs out...move him...that's when I moved you and Shane. But...both of you were climbing out by 2 years. Each one is different as you have found out. LOVE...MOM
Alyssa will be 3 in March and I am not even close to moving her! I am with you - why mess with a good thing???? I like my sleep too much!
How old was Kelly when you transitioned her?
We moved Josiah to a toddler bed, not even the "real" big boy bed, when he was 18 months...out of necessity really. We needed the crib and we needed Josiah to get used to sleeping in a different bed and not get upset that Laney was sleeping in "his" crib. We didn't seem to have many problems.
But, I'm with you....why mess with a good thing? Deal with it when you end up NEEDING the crib. *wink, wink*
Kelly was about 20 months when we moved her. We needed the crib for Kyle. She was moved for necessity. Kyle's just a different child than Kelly. She never got out the bed without calling me first. Kyle won't follow that rule.
John is still in the crib and sleeps through the night. I'm with you sleep is way to nice to mess with.
Post a Comment