Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Pinkalicious, beignets and a BIG boy

Our friend Anna had a Pinkalicious Party at the Park. And I must say it was Pinkalicious!!! Kelly loves Pinkalicious. Her favorite part is the last page when the brother comes out and says, "Pink a boo!"
The birthday girl with her Pinkalicious cupcakes
Kelly in her PINK dress
Buddy

Monday morning the kids wanted donuts (no nos in Kyle language). So, we hopped in the car and headed to Daylight, but they were closed. I ALWAYS forget they are closed on Mondays. This is most definitely not the first time this has happened. I had a beignet mix in the pantry that's been there for a while, so I thought this would be a good time to try it out. The kids loved them while I was making them and sprinkling the powdered sugar on. They both ate about 3 bites and decided that maybe they didn't like beignets after all. Bad choice in my opinion...who doesn't like beignets?
YUM!
Kyle wasn't too sure about the powdered sugar
Kyle is becoming a BIG boy. He is fully potty trained. I do have to say that I did nothing. We talked about pottying forever. Then one day he went and that's it! We wore pull-ups for about a month (or less). He wasn't having any accidents, so we switched to undies. David wanted to try Kyle in the big bed again, so we put the rails up and I declared that I would not be getting up in the middle of the night. Of course, Kyle slept through the night without any problems. That was Wednesday night last week and he's been in his big bed ever since. I took the crib down on Monday. What is it with this kid being so easy? I'm counting my blessing now, but is there going to be trouble in the future?
All of Kyle's things in his bed (yes, he sleeps with them ALL)...Kelly arranged them for the day
Proud of his big boy undies

6 comments:

Heather said...

Glad y'all had fun at the party! My kids don't like beignets either... what's up with that????? I'm so glad that Kyle was so easy to train!! THAT is a BLESSING!!!

Beth said...

Yeah, Kyle! I am so proud of him and for you....so glad he is so easy!

Tara Smith said...

I am so glad Kyle was easy to potty train! How wonderful for you!

Shirley said...

I am cracking up over here...all of the things piled up in Kyle's bed. How is there room for Kyle??? He "HAS" been your easy child...sweet boy...keep it up Buddy! And look at those "Beep Beep" undies...WOW

Love, MOM

Jessi said...

Woohoo, big boy underwear! Congrats to you BOTH! I wish I was right behind you in saying that Josiah is close...nope. But I'm not really pushing it yet either (we have wedding travel in July and I would just rather not be training during our travels). I hear that what happened with Kyle happens...they just wake up one morning and "get it".

This is the second time in a week that I've heard about Pinkalicious (I had never heard of her before this week)....she must be pretty AWESOME! I'll have to keep the book in mind for her birthday next month!

I've never had beignets before...but they look like a mix between funnel cake and donuts...what's not to LOVE! YUM!

angie said...

seeing all of the things in his bed looks familiar. with the "t"s on the ends of words and stockpiles of toys in their bed, he and my lane would be fast friends. :)