I can't believe how fast Kelly's hair is growing. Just 2 months ago she didn't have enough for a ponytail and now we can make pigtails! She really liked her hair in this picture. However, I've tried to make pigtails since and she tries to pull them out...go figure? Right now Kelly is enjoying playing outside. The weather is finally perfect to play on the swingset and to take walks. We have been taking short walks together while Kyle is taking a nap in the morning. I think our life may finally be getting back to a routine!
This is my silly girl's new smile. This is the face she makes when I tell her to say cheese. Except that usually she looks the other way. Kelly loves to play on Mommy and Daddy's bed. If I'm not completely ready in the morning she and Kyle play on the bed while I'm finishing up in the bathroom. She is really becoming a big helper with Kyle. When he cries she says, "Shh! It's ok."
When we got home from church last Sunday Kelly was ready to change clothes and she wanted to wear Mommy's shirt. This is the shirt that she picked. Kelly was being a big helper and skimming the pond for leaves. Now, every time we go outside she wants to get leaves out of the pond.
This is Kelly's friend Lauren. Kelly loves Lauren! I think that Kelly thinks it's cool to have an older friend. Lauren came over and played with us during the football game. Kelly had a great time showing Lauren our seats and telling her all about the cheerleaders and the band. Lauren likes to make Kelly laugh. It's pretty funny to see them together.
Here is my little man! He is just growing so quickly. This picture was taken November 2nd at 3 months old. This next picture was taken November 28th at almost 4 months old. How quickly he changes. At 3 months Kyle was just sleeping through the night and barely pushing up. But he was smiling all the time!
At 4 months he is still smiling all of the time, but now we get an occassional laugh. He has started watching us all over the room and loves to look at himself in the mirror. He has also learned how to roll from his tummy to his back. Which is a great milestone, but tough when he likes to sleep on his tummy and can't figure out how to get back there. I have seen him bat at his toys every now and then, but mostly he loves to watch his big sister.
Here's NanNan and Kyle playing Pat-a-Cake. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. He would let out a little laugh when they threw it in the pan.
We spent the day in Pineville for Thanksgiving. Here is a pic we were trying to get of the grandparents and grandkids. Kelly DID NOT want her picture taken. It was comical. We got a few pictures, but I don't know that any of them really turned out that great. The sun and shade mixture were not a good combo and Kelly's whining to get down didn't add much either.
Kelly thinks it is the coolest thing that she and Kyle have matching pajamas and socks. She was so excited for them to wear them. The next morning when it was time to go to ADDLife she didn't want to take them off. She wanted everyone to know they both had snowmen or Frosty, as Kelly would say, pajamas. Well, I ended up letting them wear their pj's all day!
As I mentioned earlier, Kyle has been rolling over at night and can't get back to his tummy. This is how we found him sleeping the other night. I think it is so interesting how arched his back is. But it is so cute that he has his knees pulled up as if he were still on his tummy and they were tucked under him.
Here is a new picture of Blazer...our oldest child! Just thought you might like to see how the old boy is doing. We have had to put him on medication for seizures. He seems to be doing well on the medicine. He is back to his old self of wanting to play all of the time and he has his appetite back too. He and Kelly have started to become good buddies except when she tries to lay down on him...Blazer doesn't care for that too much. They chase each other around the house and Kelly just thinks it is hilarious.
5 comments:
Love those pigtails, really cute! You must bring Kyle by to see me before he starts walking.
Karan
I had so much fun with you, Kyle and Kelly here in B.R. the week of Thanksgiving. It made me cry to have Kelly leave holding her arms out...crying "I stay with NaNi". I can't wait to see you all at Christmas. Thanks for keeping the blog updated and all of the phone conversations as I listen to them in the background. You are so blessed. I love you...MOM
Is it the season? Is it that I am getting older? Is it that I am realizing how quickly time passes? Is it that my grandchildren are safe and healthy and so well loved, and that Shirley's are, too. Why do I get so weepy when I see pictures of these beautiful children and read about their adventures and milestones? Is it love?
Aunt Barbara
Is it the season? Is it that I am getting older? Is it that I am realizing how quickly time passes? Is it that my grandchildren are safe and healthy and so well loved, and that Shirley's are, too. Why do I get so weepy when I see pictures of these beautiful children and read about their adventures and milestones? Is it love?
Aunt Barbara
Is it the season? Is it that I am getting older? Is it that I am realizing how quickly time passes? Is it that my grandchildren are safe and healthy and so well loved, and that Shirley's are, too. Why do I get so weepy when I see pictures of these beautiful children and read about their adventures and milestones? Is it love?
Aunt Barbara
Post a Comment