If anyone has been wondering, we did make it home safe and sound on Monday, the 16th. I've been busy trying to get back into a schedule. We painted Kyle's room this weekend...that's one thing to make off of my neverending list!
Just to share a little drama...so, last week I had a ton of laundry to do after returning from our trip. I finally got around to a couple of loads on Thursday. First load got washed, dryed and folded in a timely manner. However, the second load did not. It stayed in the washer for a couple of hours after finishing and then as I loaded it to the dryer I found little pieces of paper. I inspected these little pieces of paper to figure out that they were reminents of a reimbursement check. I put the little pieces in a baggie for David to take to work. After sitting in the dryer for a couple of hours, I open the door to take the clothes out. And what do I find???? INK!!! It's everywhere. Apparently, David also forgot to remove the pen from his pocket. Now, David never leaves anything in his pockets, so I do not check them. I wish that I had checked them out of the ordinary. The entire load of clothes is full of ink stains, not to mention what the dryer looks like. The next morning I cleaned the dryer with fingernail polish remover for 45 minutes. It works, no more stains on the dryer. The clothes are another story. I believe I have found a painstakingly long, laborious solution to removing the ink. First, spray with hairspray and rub, rub, rub, rub, rub. Then soak in a solution of water, dish detergent, and vinegar for 30 minutes. Then let dry. If spots remain, try to get it out with rubbing alcohol. I am only on step one for shirt #1 and I have spent 2-1/2 hours so far and removed, for the most part, half of the stains. I think I may already be giving up, but it's a whole load of GREAT clothes. There was nothing wrong with them before they were dryed with an ink pen. If you're still reading, I'm sorry.
So, we are leaving tomorrow to head to Baton Rouge for the night. Then, David and I will be flying to Vegas on Friday and returning on Tuesday. We're going to a spa convention for David's new job. We'll be back in Ruston late Wednesday. So I'll be signing off until next week.
3 comments:
Have a safe and fun trip to Vegas!!
Wow! I know who to go to now to get the tough stains out...where in the world did you get that remedy? Anyway, have a great trip! I am glad to see the return from your trip...I thought you might have stayed there...miss ya!
I totally enjoyed keeping your sweet babies while you and David went to Vegas...even though Kelly gave me a black eye...HA! See you in a couple of weeks for the Birthday parties...LOVE...MOM
Post a Comment