Quoted from Mary Hunt:
"God is long-suffering and patient. He allows us to make our stupid mistakes, to not trust him, to think we know best, to run ahead of him and try to take care of our lives and our emergencies by ourselves. We try to level all the bumps in the road. And when we stumble and fall despite our foolish efforts, he doesn't give up on us. Never! He forgives and gives us another chance. And another, and another.
You can count on God to keep his promises? Now the question is can he count on you to be faithful?"
Oh, how I want to be faithful and yet I keep making stupid mistakes. I try to do what I know is best, to take control of my life and it's little happenings. When all He asks of me is to be faithful. If I will be faithful, then I will have all the answers to the little problems and the big. He will keep his promise and all things will work for good.
I'm so thankful that God will forgive me for today where I haven't been faithful and let me start anew this very moment!
1 comment:
Why is it so hard to give Him the reins???
Who am I? I am NOTHING without Him.
Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner.
I want to be faithful, too.
So glad to have friends who give me "food for thought"...
Post a Comment