I've been participating in a study called The Truth Project. It is pretty awesome and really challenges me. Do I really believe what I say I believe? If I did, why do I do the things that I do? If I really believe that God answers prayer, why don't I pray like I believe that God REALLY answers prayers? Or maybe the question is why don't I pray???
Just this past week Kelly was watching PBS, one of my favorite channels for my kiddos (or maybe it's just because it's the only one we have.) The Dinosaur Train was on and during the middle of the episode a scientist comes on and talks about dinosaurs. Right at the end I heard him say that when you look in the sky and see a bird, you can know that it evolved from this dinosaur. Oh my, nope! I had to remind Kelly right there that birds did not evolve from dinosaurs. It says right there in Genesis that God created the birds of the air. So, will I ban my kids from watching PBS, no. Or am I just going to ban The Dinosaur Train, no. I just need to be sure they know the Truth so that they can recognize all the lies the world is going to hurl at them. Teach the Truth, Know the Truth, Live the Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment