Everytime I look at my blog and think about posting I just close the window and move on. I've wanted to share all of the pictures of swimming, visiting friends and family, etc. However, I don't feel I can share those without first sharing Sarah Kate. Needless to say, this summer was not at all what I had expected. I've copied and pasted below the letter we wrote to Sarah Kate. I ask if there is anyone out there that might read this, that you say extra prayers for me this week. For this is the week Sarah Kate would have most likely made her appearance into this world. And all of those friends that I was pregnant with have started having their babies. It will be difficult, but I know that I have a God that will protect me and keep me safe.
In Honor and Memory of Sarah Kate Caston
July 22, 2010
A Letter to Sarah Kate
Dear Sarah Kate,
We are deeply saddened by your loss, it was not what we wanted, it is not what anyone would want. And because you never experienced or lived in this world, we can only imagine what your life would have been like on this earth. When we think of these things, it brings sadness to our hearts. Sadness of the things we will never get to do with you; like combing your hair, playing with baby dolls with you, seeing you laugh, seeing you dance, taking you to your first day of school, seeing you play with your big sister and your big brother, seeing you grow up and have a family of your own. When we imagine these things, we feel like we have lost something, and we feel sad. It makes us cry. It seems like it is not fair. We ask questions and we wonder why.
Sarah Kate, our precious and beautiful daughter, we want you to know that we are also experiencing great joy and peace during your loss. Because of our belief in God and His Son Jesus Christ, we know that we will get to spend eternity in heaven with you. We believe the Bible is true and we know that we will get to see you again in heaven.
Because we have not seen heaven and we are not there yet, we can only imagine what you are doing in heaven. When we think of these things it brings great joy and great peace. We imagine that you are dancing with GiGi (who you were named after), we imagine you smiling and playing, we imagine you praising and glorifying your Heavenly Father, we imagine that we are all together again, and we cannot wait for that day when you get to play with your big sister and your big brother. This brings us joy and peace.
Only God can bring peace like this during difficult times. Each step of this past week has been extremely difficult and we were not sure how we would handle it. But God has given us what we needed at the exact right time. The prayers of our family and friends have been felt and have been answered. We pray that each of our family and friends has also experienced this peace and joy that comes from knowing Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
Perhaps, Sarah Kate, you led a life that we all might envy. You are perfectly loved by your family and you are perfectly loved by your Heavenly Father. Plus you never had to experience the trials and tribulations of this earth. You are with God and in His loving arms. You are surrounded by choirs of angels, you are praising our Lord, and you are worshipping the King. How could we be sad when you are experiencing such great joy and happiness? We want you to know that is exactly what we wanted for you and for your life. And because of this, we are joyful.
We can only imagine what your life on earth would have been like and what your life in heaven is like. Sarah Kate … right now we can only imagine … but soon … we will be there with you and we will not have to imagine anymore. We love you always and we deeply miss you, but we are also eagerly anticipating seeing you soon.
The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:4-7:
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Sarah Kate, we will see you soon.
Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Kelly, and Kyle
5 comments:
I love you, sweet friend. You are in my prayers this week...as you have been sooo often since July. Wish I could come sit with you this week, to sip on some tea while we enjoy the weather and just hanging out together...I will call you soon...
Oh Elaine...my heart just breaks for you and your family. I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through, but will definitely be praying for you.
We love you Elaine and David. You are and have been in our prayers. I believe God will continue to give you a peace that passess all understanding.
We are continuing in prayer for you and your family. "His grace is sufficient!!" Cling to your Savior!! We love yall!!
Elaine, I thank you for the courage it took to post this. I can only imagine how hard it was to retell this painful story. But oh how joyful it was, all in the same. Your precious baby girl is free of pain, free of the ways of our world, celebrating and loving our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful to know such a wonderfully strong Christian family. David and you are such incredible people. Please know I will be thinking and praying for you this week. All my love, Hannah Lee
Post a Comment