Most of you reading this blog know that I am a project completer. I love a project. My projects come in various forms. Some are rather large: starting a MOPS group, provisional trainer for Junior Auxiliary or exercising like a Nazi. Some of my projects are not quite as large: helping to organize the workroom schedule at school, organizing the volunteers for Wednesday lunch schedule or keeping up with MOPS finances. Some of my projects are even smaller: clean out closets/cabinets, record the AR quiz numbers and points in all books of our home library or simply read a book. Whichever project it is, I tend to be all or nothing. For all of the projects listed above I am all in (for now)! I live and breathe these projects until they are completed (or I just simply tucker out).
However, that leaves all of the "nothing" projects. All of the projects that actually NEED to get done, but I just have nothing for them. It may be because they take more effort or they require a schedule/routine. I hate that word...routine. It makes me cringe and it's just not possible for me to follow one. Oh, I try. Time after time after time I've completed the "all in" project of scheduling my days and time after time after time my schedule NEVER gets carried out. I just don't like being boxed in to what time to do this or that or when it needs to be completed. And so my house doesn't get cleaned regularly, I can't read/study my Bible on a schedule, and I just cannot finish the little maintenance projects at home. I want to. Everyday I tell myself, "today I am going to make a list and get it done." But, here I sit at 10:20 and I know that I need to clean the bathrooms and sweep the floors and that if I'd just do a little every day it wouldn't turn into a BIG project. I just can't make myself do it. It's a never ending project and I like projects that end.
So, what's a project completer to do when she collides with a project that requires a routine? Turn to Proverbs 31:10-31 and be reminded that this is what the Lord wants from her! It's the only thing that will work with this selfishness...
And so my prayer is: Lord, help me to work with eager hands, to set about my work vigorously, and to not eat the bread of idleness. I certainly cannot do it on my own. Forgive me for not taking care of the things I know I need to do. Thank you for your faithfulness when I am unfaithful.
Amen and get off of the computer!!! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a lot going on and I love that you always find scripture to help you through whatever is happening. First you must accept that some projects are ongoing and that's just life. Regarding the house, you can break some of those projects down (like you said you need to paint all trim and doors) into a schedule, a room, two days a week...you can complete two rooms a week and you will be DONE for several years with that. Eventually it will ALL be DONE without the kids stopping you every five minutes. If you get started, you will be very surprised how much you get done because you are concentrating on that project and you want to finish before K & K get home. I'm praying for you...YOU CAN DO IT!!! And the house can get cleaned too...that seems to keep coming up so you must WANT to do it. Good luck with all of the FUN and NOT FUN projects...just be thankful you don't have to work and also do the projects! God will help you through it! Love you...MOM
Post a Comment