Monday, April 07, 2008

Sickness is $$$$

We have had another crazy bout with sickness at the Caston home. It all started on Thursday, March 27th. Kelly threw-up all in her bed...it was NASTY. She got sick only a couple more times on Friday and somehow none of the rest of us got it. So, I was really thankful that whatever it was stayed quarantined.

Saturday afternoon we all went outside to play and do yardwork. I felt my throat start to close up only on the right side. So, I figured I must have an allergy to something out in the yard...no big deal. I didn't sleep very well because my throat started to hurt really badly. Sunday morning I had an extremely bad headache, but decided that I was OK enough for church. I made it through SS, but during worship I could not sit still. By the time it was over I felt like I had been hit by a train. After we got home I slept until 4:30! All day Monday I felt like I had the flu in my back, neck and head and my throat was now on fire. Later I was diagnosed with tonsillitis with a possibility of strep. Off to the pharmacy for meds that cost about $15, but I know that's not right, because our co-pay is way more than that....I'm sure I'll get a bill later, but I was so tired and didn't feel like debating the issue.

David has now started to feel like his throat is hurting too, so he gets some meds at a whooping $45, which sounds more like the right price.

It is now Monday of the following week and I have brought both of my kids to the doctor today. Kelly has been diagnosed with strep...she has a rash from head to toe and when Dr. Moak looked at her throat she winced and said it had to be painful (yet, Kelly hasn't even complained about her throat). Kyle has been diagnosed with another double ear infection. Off to the pharmacy I go...and this time....$160! yep!!!! Not to mention that I'll be getting a bill from the doctor.

So, we have spent $375 on sicknesses in the last week. Somebody, someone is making money!

No comments: