Saturday night a storm blow through and with it took our electricity. We were without power starting around 6:30pm until a little after midnight. Let me just tell you that in August in Louisiana you don't want to be without a/c. By 7:30 we were melting. We got Kelly and Kyle in their own beds and asleep around that time.

We kept thinking the electricity would come back on. However, it did not. Our wonderful neighbors pulled out their generator and brought us an extension cord. How awesome to share what little power that was available! We had no fan, so I headed to Lowe's and got us a fan. We made a pallet in the den right in front of the fan and got the kiddos out of bed. Bless their hearts...they were soaking wet from sweating.

Finally, we all fell asleep...well, everyone except me. I decided to take some pics and record our adventure. Then, I went to sleep until every light in our house came on. We moved the kids back to their beds.

I know we sometimes just say things like this and don't really mean it, but I really mean it when I say "Thank you, Lord for our wonderful neighbors." The McTyres are awesome. We love them!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kyle! We got home Saturday night from Destin at 7:30pm to no electricity. The funny thing is we were going to stop halfway but really wanted to sleep in our own beds!! Anyway, everybody gave me a hard time because they found out I did not turn my air way up while we were gone - I kept it at our normal 70. Well, let me just say that when the power came on at 2 am my house was at a comfortable 74! I was VERY thankful I did not turn it up - now I will be paying for it later but it is a price I am willing to pay! I will see you tomorrow night.
What an adventure! We just all melted in our own beds...
Post a Comment