I consider my Jeep to be advanced...yes, I know it is a 2000 and now there are cars well advanced beyond my Jeep. However, I didn't know that I was buying a car that had memory seats set for two different drivers with special keys (that cost a whopping $200 a piece to replace) or that it had seat warmers and the such. I did know that it had a 10 disc CD changer and this was just about what sold me on it. We have had a few minor issues with the Jeep in the 4 years that we have owned it but nothing that ever cost over $100 to fix...a new battery, an AC sensor, another new battery.
Oh, but today I found out just how advanced my Jeep is. That's right!!! It costs to have an advanced car. You see, the Jeep has dual AC controls so that if I am in the passenger seat and get a little colder than David I can just adjust my side. At the end of the last winter season I froze my toes off on a little 30 minute trip to Monroe. I made David ride in the passenger seat on the way home so that I could keep my toesies warm with the driver's side warm air. That was about the last time we have used the heater until this week. I was reminded this week that the passenger side does not heat. The reason it does not heat according to the service manager at the Jeep dealer is because the heat blower and the doors are both broken. Guess what...in my advanced car you have to totally remove the entire dash to fix this little problem. So, guess what that means....yep, the big bucks. $1055 of those big bucks.
Now while I am taking a BIG gulp of trying to swallow the fact that I am going to spend $1055 to fix this problem I am also breathing a sigh of relief. For the past 6 months we have been saving money to purchase a vehicle (it will be another year until we have enough $$). So, while I absolutely hate to spend this money I have it. It is set aside for a car and we can certainly use it to fix this one. I am so very thankful that I don't have to fret or worry about how I can pay to fix my passenger side heat or that I just do not have the money and have to ride around freezing my toes. Dave Ramsey gets the credit here. We decided in January we going to fall the Total Money Makeover and because of it I can breathe a sigh of relief. Thank you Lord for leading me to the Total Money Makeover.
Sorry if you hung in there for this whole long drawn out story.
2 comments:
I've read TMMO, but I never felt like we were ever in a position to start the processes. I'm so glad to hear that sticking with Dave allowed you to pay for the repair without incurring debt. I know that must feel good. ;-)
Yuck! I hate that you have to spend that new car money on the old car. Trey said he saw you driving Matt's Tahoe - now I know why!
Post a Comment