K: I want to have a tea party.
E: Ok. Who do you want to invite?
K: Lizzy and Taylor.
E: Anyone else?
K: No. That's it. Kelly, Mommy, Lizzy, and Taylor. 4. That's good. 4.
I think...this is doable. I can handle having three friends over for a tea party. So I call Lizzy and Taylor's mommies and they say that would be fine...Thursday at 3 it is.
Kelly loves to pick out what princess outfit her friends will wear when they come over to play. So, Monday morning she picked out all of their outfits and hung them in her room with all of the appropriate accessories for each dress.
I have to admit, I totally enjoyed this. I made my grandmother's special tea cakes. That was a wonderful memory. I used my cookie press for the first time and that was SO MUCH FUN!!! I'll use any excuse to use it again! I pulled out my grandmother's tablecloth and napkins. I used David's grandmother's crystal dessert plates and pitcher. I did find out that I need some type of punch bowl cups or crystal tea glasses. I just didn't feel that I should pull out the Waterford for this one.
The girls seemed to have a fun time for the 15 minutes it took to drink their tea and eat their cookies. Then they played...that's always fun, too!
3 comments:
You are so impressive...move back to Bham...we could do this all the time...our girls, tea parties, dressing up...send the boys outside to play ball...a girl can dream, right?
How fun!!! I want some of those cookies! Tea cakes are my favorite!!
Elaine...the girls look like they were totally enjoying the tea party. I am pleased that you included MawMaw in the tea party...she would have been pleased that you used her cookie recipe and her beautiful table cloth. I miss her tea cookies...
Post a Comment